Whitworth Home Page > Adult Degree Program >
How to Apply for Admission
to Whitworth in the Evening
The following are admission requirements for all degree-seeking adults who want to complete their education through Whitworth in the Evening:
Applicants must . . .
- be 25 years of age or older, due to the collaborative and experience-related nature of the adult degree programs. (See individual program admission requirements for possible exceptions to this policy.)
- meet with an advisor from Whitworth Continuing Studies prior to admittance.
- submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions.
- demonstrate, or provide evidence of, writing competency necessary for college-level writing. (Evidence may include prior coursework.)
- NOTE: Students planning to enter the organizational management, bachelor of liberal studies "upside-down" degree, or evening teacher certification programs have additional admission requirements (listed with the program descriptions; your advisor will provide details).
For additional admission information, please refer to the Adult Degree Section of the current Whitworth Catalog.
1. Meet with an advisor - call 509.777.3222.
- Call our office at 509.777.3222 and request an advising appointment at a time that is convenient for you. Plan on spending an hour, though it may take less time.
- Bring a copy of your transcripts (unofficial transcripts or grade reports are fine) from other colleges or universities you have attended.
- By the end of your appointment you will know approximately how long it will take you to complete your degree; have an initial review of your credits from other schools you attended (if you brought transcripts with you), and have information about course schedules and registration.
2. Fill out an application one of three ways:
- Complete and submit the online application.
- You need a Visa or Master Card to pay the $25 application fee.
- You will receive an email confirmation when the application has been successfully submitted.
Click here for online application
- Print the application form to complete and either:
- bring in person or,
- mail the completed form to: Whitworth Continuing Studies, 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251.
- A $25 application fee must be included with your application.
- Pick up your application packet in our office when you come in for an advising appointment.
3. Request Transcripts
- Print our Transcript Request Form, to send to other institutions.
- Request official transcripts from any higher-education institution previously attended. There are two requests per page, send one request with payment to each of your previous institution(s).
- Have transcripts mailed to Whitworth Continuing Studies, 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251.
4. Obtain reference forms
- When you meet with your advisor, you will be given forms to obtain academic, professional and personal references. These references will be needed in order to complete your application file for Whitworth in the Evening.
If you have questions or if you need help completing
the forms, please call 509.777.3222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.