Art
Admitted Students | Current Students | Parents | Faculty & Staff | Alumni | Churches | Donors & Friends

Font size:
Medium Text Large Text

Print this page:Print this page


Whitworth Home Page > Art Department >

Facilities

The Ernst F. Lied Center for the Visual Arts, Whitworth's new, 20,000-square-foot visual-arts building, opened for classes in 2008. In addition to large, well-lit teaching studios for ceramics and sculpture, drawing, mixed media, painting and printmaking, the building features a computer-graphics laboratory, two galleries, and interior view corridors as well as exterior views to the center of campus and toward the mountains to the north.

The $7.1 million facility was designed to allow long-term expansion and will serve Whitworth students for decades to come. It takes advantage of consistent north-facing light for its studios and has an ample yard area off the first floor for ceramics kilns and delivery access to mixed media and sculpture studios. A state-of-the-art design lab features Apple computers.



Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+ Instagram Directions | Campus Map | Employment | Pod | RSS | Contact Us | Site Map Pirate Port
Copyright © Whitworth University. All Rights Reserved. | 300 W. Hawthorne Road, Spokane, WA 99251 | Campus Phone: 509.777.1000