Whitworth Home Page > Evening Teacher Certification >
The Whitworth Evening Teacher Certification (ETC) Program serves candidates working toward a Whitworth University degree with a major in elementary education, AS WELL AS post-baccalaureate candidates wishing to obtain an elementary education teaching certificate. The following requirements are necessary for admission into the ETC program:
- Willingness to embrace the vision of the School of Education program. more
- Willingness and commitment to learning in a cohort.
- A minimum of 60 semester credits (90 quarter hours) of prior transferable college work (for degree completion candidates).
- A grade-point average of 2.5 or above from accredited colleges or universities previously attended or a current grade-point average of 3.0 at Whitworth.
- Official copies of all college/university transcripts on file in the Whitworth Continuing Studies Office.
- Successful completion of the prerequisite courses EDE 202, Exploring Teaching and EDE 203, Exploring Teaching: Field Experience. more
- Proof of passing scores on the WEST-B Test (www.west.nesinc.com).
- A completed application packet that includes the following:
- an Application for Admission
- Character and Fitness Supplement
- two completed reference forms from people qualified to assess your academic or professional competency.
- Admission interview with School of Education personnel.
- Due to the experiential nature of the cohort model, applicants must be at least 25 years old or must have three years of post-high-school professional experience in the workplace.
Applicants are expected to own or have access to a computer with Internet capabilities.