Whitworth Home Page > Graduate Studies in Education > M.Ed. School Administration >
How to Apply
Below are the steps necessary for you to proceed with the admissions process.
Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 for the last half of college. Restricted admission will be considered for those with a GPA of 2.7 for the last half of college; graduate coursework and/or work history will be considered, including evidence of statistical competence.
Step-by-step application process
Forms are available online.
1. General information; submit each of the following:
- Whitworth GSE application form with $35 application fee (non-refundable)
- Character and fitness supplement form
- Two professional recommendations (one from a supervisor) using forms provided
- A current résumé
- Official transcripts (Order these from ALL colleges and universities previously attended, and have them sent directly to the GSE office.)
- A copy of your teacher certificate (if applicable)
2. Evidence to support your interest in the program; complete and submit each of the following items:
- A typed, signed letter from a supervisor or other appropriate person; the letter should support your participation in the program and its benefits to you professionally. (This is not a confidential recommendation.)
- A typed one- to two-page statement describing (1) why you are interested in the master's degree or certificate program; (2) how this degree or certificate will benefit you in your professional role; and (3) what you believe you would contribute as a member of the student body of graduate students at Whitworth University.
3. Evidence to support your professional preparation for the program; complete just one of the following items:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test scores (generally 25th percentile or higher);
- Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores that demonstrate a level of achievement appropriate for graduate-level work (generally 25th percentile or higher);
- A one-page statement plus documenting evidence of three proofs that support your ability to be successful in graduate school. Evidence should prove verbal, mathematical, and critical/analytical thinking abilities. Evidence of verbal ability must include a sample of student writing. Contact the Whitworth graduate program advisor to discuss the best way to meet this requirement.
Admission Decision Process
The admissions committee will evaluate all material submitted and will make its decision. The committee may request additional documentation and/or a personal interview. When a decision is made, a letter detailing the decision will be sent to you. If you are granted restricted admission, the conditions of admission will be explained in the acceptance letter. After a student's admission to GSE, additional screenings and assessments may be administered in specific programs.