Whitworth Home Page >
Whitworth Center for
Service-Learning & Community Engagement
Whitworth's Center for Service-Learning and Community Engagement (CS-LCE) brings together students, faculty, staff and community partners in strategic service that strengthens communities while enriching educational programs, equipping students in both mind and heart to honor God, follow Christ and serve humanity.
Whether you are a Community Partner looking to share your service opportunities with the Whitworth community or a student, faculty, or staff looking for volunteer opportunities, please go to our new website, Whitworth Serves, http://serve.whitworth.edu. These is the best place to connect with service opportunities or those looking to serve.
- The CS-LCE supports Whitworth University in its 2021 Strategic Plan by cultivating community engagement efforts that provide safe, academically rigorous opportunities for students to explore, serve and create.
- Whitworth University will be recognized in 2021 not only for its quality experiential and service-based programming, but also for its active partnerships in local community development efforts.
- A signature mark of a Whitworth service experience will be a deeper understanding and appreciation of human difference, the capacity to change the world, vocational discernment and an enduring commitment to honor God, follow Christ and serve humanity.
- With just and sustainable living as the target, the CS-LCE will create positive impact in the areas of social justice, community growth and development, and stewardship of the earth.
- Academic Service-Learning
- Service-learning is a teaching approach integrating academic instruction with community service that engages students in civic responsibility, critical and creative thinking, and structured reflection.
- Co-Curricular Service-Learning Student Leadership Programs:
- The Co-Curricular Service Learning Student Leadership Programs provide a unique opportunity for students to engage in all aspects of developing and implementing programs for service learning opportunities and experiential education. Students are recruited and trained to lead asset-based programs focused on youth and community development. These programs are designed to integrate academic service-learning and provide a student led approach to transforming communities both on and off campus. Student leaders are challenged to grow personally and professional throughout their work by creating opportunities for fellow students and community members to see themselves as agents of meaningful social change.
- For more information on available programs, click here.