Whitworth Home Page > Dornsife Center for Community Engagement >
RISE (Reinforcing the Importance of Support in Education)
The RISE program is committed to Reinforcing the Importance of Support in Education by building relationships through passionate service.
- We believe all students have potential.
- We believe rigorous education can empower and achieve this potential.
- We believe genuine relationship can motivate and direct this potential.
- We believe all students have the potential to be agents of change in their communities.
- We believe in collaborating with community partners to identify the needs of the institution.
- We believe in building long term partnerships between Whitworth University and the community partners
- To meet students where they are at.
- To provide students with academic and relational support necessary to graduate high school.
- To challenge students to go beyond their expectations in the pursuit of higher education
2012-2013 Program Impact:
- During the 2012-2013 academic school year, the social return on investment totaled $11,698.38 in tutoring and mentoring services provided through the RISE program.
- Key Community Partnerships: Rogers High School, North Central High School, The Community School, Glover Middle School, Holmes Elementary School, Audubon Elementary School, Spokane County Juvenile Court Systems, Nothwood Middle School, Goodwill Industries, Spokane Public Schools and Gonzaga University.
- The annual data from our Community Partners shows that 71% would strongly agree they would like to continue partnership with the RISE Program, the remaining 29% agreed as well. They also responded that 71% would strongly agree in recommending a partnership with the RISE Program to other organizations, the remaining 29% agreed as well. This data shows considerably positive feedback during the first year of developing community partnerships in addition to a sustainable future.
Become a mentor today! Find out how to get involved by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Northwood: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday
10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Lunchtime homework help and mentoring
- Glover: Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday
Homework help and games and activities
- North Central:
Monday –Friday all day
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 2:30-4:30 p.m.
AVID tutoring and after school mentoring
- Community School:
Tuesday/Thursday 3:15-4:15 p.m.
Homework help and mentoring
If you would like to become a mentor at any of these sites, please stop by the Dornsife Center Community Engagement, located in Weyerhaeuser Hall 104, to fill out a background check form.