Homeschool Student Application Information
Whitworth University welcomes students who have been educated through homeschool curricula. Home-schooled students contribute unique perspectives and experiences to our student body, and we encourage them to apply. Whitworth's small class sizes and 11:1 student/faculty ratio provide a supportive academic experience in which professors integrate their faith into the classroom while also challenging students to think critically.
Home-schooled applicants must submit the following:
- A completed online Whitworth University Freshman Application or Common Application for Freshman Applicants (Whitworth Supplement is required)
Need help accessing your online application? Call the Whitworth Admissions Office at 800.533.4668.
- The Academic Recommendation Form or letter of recommendation, completed by a parent or guardian
- One letter of recommendation from someone other than a parent or guardian that addresses the applicant's academic accomplishments
- A transcript demonstrating academic achievement that includes a list of courses completed, the grade earned for each course, and cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale). The transcript must be signed by a homeschool program official or by a parent or guardian.
In our admissions review, we consider the student's GPA from an accredited homeschool program as we would a GPA from an accredited high school. For students home-schooled in non-accredited programs, we consider the GPA but give extra weight to other parts of the application file.
- SAT and/or ACT score report
Please note: In awarding Whitworth's academic scholarships we will consider the applicant's GPA (as well as their SAT/ACT scores) if they will be graduating from an accredited homeschool program. We award academic scholarships based solely on SAT/ACT scores for students home-schooled through non-accredited programs.
- A list of activities and honors, or a résumé
Mail your Academic Recommendation Form, letter of recommendation, transcript, ACT/SAT score reports, and list of activities and honors or résumé to:
300 W. Hawthorne Rd.
Spokane, WA 99251
OR fax your application materials to 509.777.3758 (Whitworth Admissions Office)
Please note: You may have your SAT/ACT score report sent directly to Whitworth from the testing service. When you take the test, list "Whitworth University" as one of the schools to automatically receive your score report.
To have your SAT score report sent to Whitworth, use code 4953.
To have your ACT score report sent to Whitworth, use code 4494.
What happens next?
After we receive all of your application materials, we will e-mail you instructions on how to check the status of your application. If you don't receive an e-mail within two weeks of submitting your application, please call the Whitworth Admissions Office at 800.533.4668 to check on your application status.
Whitworth has a "rolling" admissions process: After all of your application materials are received and processed by the Whitworth Admissions Office, you should expect a letter in the mail regarding Whitworth's decision within about three weeks.
For more information about the freshman admissions process, please visit our Freshman Admissions Frequently Asked Questions page or contact your Whitworth admissions counselor.