Campus Visit Travel Grant
We know that the best possible way to learn whether Whitworth is a good college fit for you is to visit campus so you can sit in on a class, connect with students and faculty, spend a night in the residence halls and get a glimpse of life in our community. We also know that travel isn't cheap and some families may need financial assistance to make a campus visit possible. We have a limited amount of funds to provide travel grants to prospective students who meet the following criteria:
- Are admitted to enroll as freshmen or transfer students in fall 2014
- Have not visited Whitworth in the 2013-14 school year
- Are committed to register for an overnight individual visit or for one of Whitworth's visit programs: Why Whitworth, Honors Colloquium or MVP (Multicultural Visit Program)
- Would not be able to visit campus without financial assistance
Students who meet all of these criteria are invited to complete our online campus visit travel grant form. Travel grant applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and will be awarded to cover travel expenses for eligible students as long as funding is available. Applicants will be notified within 10 working days about whether their grant is approved. Grants will be awarded on the following basis:
- $50 for students living at least 250 miles from campus in the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana
- $100 for students living in the continental U.S. in states OTHER THAN Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana
- $300 for students living in Hawaii, Alaska or outside the U.S.
To request a travel grant, follow these steps:
Campus Visit Travel Grant Application
- Complete the Campus Visit Travel Grant Application at least three weeks in advance of your desired visit date.
- Whitworth will notify you within 10 days if you have been awarded a travel grant and will send you a payment authorization form to document the individual to whom the travel grant check should be issued.
- Complete the payment authorization form, make a copy of receipts for flight or gas expenses and submit them to the admissions office during your campus visit or no later than two weeks after your campus visit.
- A check in the amount of your travel grant will be mailed to the individual identified on the payment authorization form.