Whitworth Home Page > Aquatics Center >
Red Cross Courses
Whitworth is proud to offer outstanding American Red Cross certification courses. Courses are designed to prepare participants to pursue job opportunities in aquatics.
For dates, times and costs of all Red Cross courses, please click on one of the following links. All documents are formatted as PDFs.
For more information call 509.777.4246 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must be 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session of the course. Each candidate must also complete the following swimming prerequisites:
- Swim 300 yards continuously using the following strokes, in order:
- 100 yards using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing propellant kick (freestyle/front crawl).
- 100 yards of breaststroke.
- 100 yards of either front crawl with rhythmic breathing or breaststroke. No time constraints.
- Swim 20 yards. Using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 10-15 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point, keeping both hands on the object, and your face above water. Qualifying time: one minute, 45 seconds.
American Red Cross Certifications Awarded upon Successful Completion:
Lifeguard training and first aid, bloodborne pathogens, CPR for the professional rescuer, AED
Cost: $220, which includes books and certificates.
For dates and times contact at Gary Kessie 509.777.4246 or e-mail email@example.com,
CPR / First Aid / AED
The American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED program is to help participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first-aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over. This program offers a choice of first aid, CPR and AED courses to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience.
American Red Cross Certifications Obtained Upon Successful Completion:
CPR/First Aid/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Blood-borne Pathogens.
Cost: $100, which includes books and certificates.
For dates and times, contact at Gary Kessie at 509.777.4246 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPR/First Aid/ AED and Lifeguarding review and recertification courses are offered each fall and spring.
Must have prior certification within one year of class date
Lifeguard Review only: $60
Both Lifeguard and CPR $100
For dates and times contact Gary Kessie at 509.777.4246 or e-mail email@example.com.