Academy of Christian Discipleship
"Train yourself in godliness," the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, his spiritual apprentice, "for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."
The Academy of Christian Discipleship exists to train people in godliness, to form disciples into lifelong apprentices to Jesus, and to strengthen the life of the local church.
The values of the academy include the following:
- Partner with local churches.
- Grow in relationship with Jesus.
- Learn in community.
- Aim for maturity in Christ.
- Engage the culture with the Gospel.
Features of the academy:
- Biblical and leadership formation
- Training in cohorts
- Application to ordinary life
- Engagement with culture
- Practical instruction, including practices and projects
- Access on campus and online
Early Christian writers used athletics metaphors to emphasize the call of discipleship. They wanted to build spiritual athletes for God, a process which, they believed, was best done living in community and learning to follow Jesus in ordinary life. The same is true for us today.
The academy therefore aims to form partnerships with local churches to elevate spiritual maturity and deepen the root system of Christians.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509.777.3275.