Whitworth Home Page > Facilities Services >
Facilities Services Strategic Plan
To foster an inspirational environment to honor God and serve humanity.
Serving the Whitworth community by enhancing the learning, living and working environment in order to provide an education of mind and heart.
|Health & Safety
Goals & Objectives (as of Jan. 2013)
1. Deliver high-quality service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide timely customer feedback on work-order processing.
- Provide a link for comments on our website; check weekly.
- Request feedback from each customer upon work-order completion.
- Set and track goals for work-order completion.
- Set and track Quality Assurance Program goals.
2. Provide an atmosphere of professionalism.
- Properly equip each shop to maximize efficiency.
- Improve budget to encourage training/licensing/certifications.
- Execute preventive-maintenance program to improve facilities-condition index.
- Define and enforce appearance and conduct requirements for employees.
3. Value each employee.
- Provide formal feedback for each employee annually.
- Provide informal feedback daily.
- Recognize excellence.
- Provide and promote regular opportunities for peer recognition.
4. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Conduct and analyze a survey of Whitworth Facilities Services customers.
- Provide activity reports to next-level supervisors weekly.
- Proactively provide resource requirements to business office and trustees.
- Report annual accomplishments to board of trustees.
- Be diligent in providing timely and informative Pirate Port announcements for campus-maintenance activities.
5. Create and maintain a sustainable campus.
- Develop and implement an energy policy.
- Develop renewable-energy projects to comply with the Presidential Climate Commitment.
- Promote sustainability actions on website and around campus.
- Complete and distribute a Building Energy Guide for users.
- Provide energy-production and energy-consumption monitoring systems to all customers.
- Retrofit all campus lighting for more energy efficiency by summer 2013.
6. Constantly assess facilities infrastructure.
- Accomplish building-assessment and forecast requirements in 2013.
- Report evaluations of building cleanliness to stakeholders.
- Designate grounds areas and publish to university website.
- Populate APPA Facility Performance Indicators Survey by summer 2014.
- Continually assess existing infrastructure and replace components before end of expected life.