Whitworth Home Page > Facilities Services >
SchoolDude Requesters Guide
A print-friendly PDF version complete with pictures is available here.
Requesters can log in to SchoolDude via the web using a Whitworth e-mail address (including the @whitworth.edu or @my.whitworth.edu). If prompted for an organization account number, enter 2085473280.
First-time users will be prompted to provide a last name followed by additional required contact information, which will then be saved in the system.
Submit a work request by completing the nine-step form. Logging in was step one!
indicates a required field.
Step 2: Click on the dropdown arrow and highlight a Location at which the work should be done, and click the mouse.
- Also use the dropdown arrow to pick an appropriate Area description.
- Enter any additional location information in the Area/Room Number field.
What & Why?
Step 3: Click to select the icon that best describes your problem type.
Step 4: Type in your description of the problem.
Step 5: Fill in a requested completion date only if the request is time-sensitive (i.e. for an event).
Step 6: Use the binoculars to fill in a departmental budget code for non-maintenance work requests. If the account you’d like to use is unavailable, scroll back up and enter it as part of the work description.
Most work requests are simply for building upkeep, in which case Whitworth Facilities will assign the proper tracking account. However, departmental furniture and equipment maintenance, deliveries and special projects are subject to time & material charges; in this case, please provide a 12-digit Whitworth account to be charged. A helpful consideration may be: would it go with my department if it moved? Extra painting and cleaning related specifically to a departmental function or request may also be subject to charge.
Step 7: Click the Attach New File link to attach a photo or document detailing the issue or request.
Step 8: Type in the submittal password of: newrequest (we will notify you if this changes).
Last Step: Click Submit.
Checking on your Requests
SchoolDude is set up to generate e-mail notifications to individual users regarding their work requests, but if you want additional information you can log in to SchoolDude and find what you're looking for.
Once logged in to SchoolDude, requesters can visit the My Requests tab to view a tabular summary of work requests entered.
On this screen you will see up-to-date information on your requests including
- work order number for referencing;
- the date you requested the work;
- any Action Taken notes added by the technician on the progress of your request;
- and a Completion Date once the work has been completed.
You can re-sort the list as needed by clicking the box icon next to the field headings (in blue).
- In the Request Totals section (on the right side of the above screen), you can click on the number next to the status description to see all requests marked with that status.
- You can search for any previous work request by typing in a key word or number in the Search box and clicking on GO. This will pull up your requests with that word in it. (Ex: "Keys" would pull up any request dealing with keys.)
- Click on the Maint Request tab to input a new request.
For other questions or further training related to Work Requests,
please contact us by calling ext. 3254 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact SchoolDude directly at 877.883.8337 or email@example.com.