Whitworth Home Page > Human Resource Services >
Staff Holiday Schedule
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Nov. 24-25 (Thursday, Friday)
- Christmas Holiday* Dec. 23, 26, 27 (Friday, Monday, Tuesday)
- New Year's Day*: Jan. 2 (Friday)
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day: Jan. 16 (Monday)
- Good Friday: April 14
- Easter Monday: April 17
- Memorial Day: May 29 (Monday)
- Independence Day: July 4 (Tuesday)
*NOTE: Additional days off for 2016-17 will include three additional days off with pay over the Christmas holidays for benefits-eligible staff: Wednesday, Dec. 28 through Friday, Dec. 30. These days are not official holidays and will be handled accordingly by each division.
Floating Holidays (two holidays)
Eligible staff receive two floating holidays annually, for use on days of their choice, subject to supervisor approval. Floating holidays must be used by Aug. 31 of each year. They do not carryover from year to year, and they must be used in at least half-day increments.
Employees hired before Sept. 1 will receive two days in their first year employment; employees hired after Sept. 1 and on or before Feb. 1 will receive one day in the first year.