Whitworth Home Page > Human Resource Services >
Staff Holiday Schedule
- Thanksgiving Holiday: Nov. 26-27 (Thursday, Friday)
- Christmas Holiday* Dec. 24, 25, 28 (Thursday, Friday, Monday)
- New Year's Day*: Jan. 1 (Friday)
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Day: Jan. 18 (Monday)
- Good Friday: March 25
- Memorial Day: May 30 (Monday)
- Independence Day: July 4 (Monday)
*NOTE:Additional days off for 2015-16 will include three additional days off with pay over the Christmas holidays for benefits-eligible staff: Tuesday, Dec. 29; Wednesday, Dec. 30; and Thursday, Dec. 31.
Floating Holidays (two holidays):
Eligible staff receive two floating holidays annually, for use on days of their choice, subject to supervisor approval. Floating holidays must be used by Aug. 31 of each year. They do not carry over from year to year, and they must be used in at least half-day increments.
Employees hired before Sept. 1 will receive two days in their first
year of employment; employees hired after Sept. 1 and on or before
Feb. 1 will receive one day in the first year.