Top Giving Priorities
- The Whitworth Fund is an unrestricted fund that supports the areas of greatest need in the annual operating budget. Scholarships are always a primary area of need, and they receive the majority (75 percent) of the funds given to The Whitworth Fund. The rest of these funds support international initiatives, academic and student life, and facilities and grounds.
- The General Scholarship Endowment supports the more than 95 percent of our students who receive financial assistance. Whitworth is consistently ranked as a best value among regional universities in the West, but the university competes for students against institutions that are publicly funded and have much larger endowments. Increased scholarship endowment provides budget relief and flexibility and also helps ensure that an education of mind and heart remains affordable for students from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Music Facilities Plans for a new facility include a remodel and addition to the existing music building, nearly tripling its current square footage. Features include a 700-seat concert hall for Whitworth’s music ensembles and guest artists, a larger recital hall, and new, separate rehearsal spaces for choir and instrumental groups. At a total project cost of more than $20 million, the facility will create a significant presence on Hawthorne Road and will include a multi-story glass front atrium lobby, suitable for large community gatherings in advance of special performances.
- Whitworth Athletics fans are encouraged to join the Crimson Club to build and maintain Whitworth’s high-quality athletics program. Funds assist primarily with senior athletics awards, the Heritage Gallery, and other athletics projects. Membership starts at $125, with special benefits for those who join. Visit www.whitworth.edu/athletics for details.
- The Campaign for Whitworth, launched this October, is a celebration and a way to keep Whitworth the same institution that George Whitworth envisioned and began 125 years ago. In addition to support for The Whitworth Fund, music facilities and scholarships, The Campaign for Whitworth also seeks to raise money for study-abroad programs, the honors program, the Core program, science research, and faculty and staff development.
Other giving options: Whitworth employees are encouraged to give to the areas that are most important to them. Perhaps you’d like to see your contribution go to academic departments, special student funds and/or other programs on campus. Please contact Whitworth Advancement Services at 509.777.4343 to find the fund that matches your interests.