The President's Club Gold
There's power in numbers. Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) comprise about one-third of Whitworth's entire alumni community. Whitworth's goal for GOLD alumni isn't to have a few alumni give large gifts (though any gift is greatly appreciated), but to increase the number of alums who give, period. A higher giving participation rate among young alumni means great things for Whitworth students: financial aid to help keep school affordable, support for faculty research, and campus maintenance and improvements to enhance students' educational experience.
Your participation also helps Whitworth receive much-needed grants. Funding institutions gauge alumni satisfaction by the number of alums who support their alma mater. The higher the participation rate, the better Whitworth's chances are to receive funding that will strengthen our service to students.
Support what you love about Whitworth. As a member of Club Gold, your gifts will support The Whitworth Fund or, you may designate your gift to support a special program or department that meant a lot to you as a student. Ways to designate your support include the science initiative, athletics, the performing arts... you choose!
Club GOLD was originally developed to recognize young alumni who have decided to make a yearly commitment to give back.
(Click the menus below to expand)
>> How It Works
We know finances are often tight in the first years after graduation. With you and your budget in mind, we invite you to join Club GOLD at the following annual levels, based on the year you graduated:
- $100/year if you graduated between 2008 and 2012
- $250/year if you graduated between 2004 and 2007
- $500 if you graduated in 2003, in honor of your upcoming 10-year reunion in September 2013
Join Club GOLD Monthly Set up regular monthly giving from your bank account -- at any amount you choose! -- and be part of Club GOLD ($5/month minimum). You'll remain in Club GOLD as long as you give monthly over the course of those first 10 years. Plus, you'll receive the same benefits as a regular Club GOLD donor.
>> Club GOLD Benefits
Club GOLD card: As soon as we receive your first monthly gift, or your annual gift, we will send you a Club GOLD card with a discount code, which you may use on any one alumni event in the upcoming academic year that is listed as a "Club GOLD eligible event" (that's why it's best to start giving in August or September). Most events that require registration will be Club GOLD eligible.
Be a part of a lasting legacy: More important than the swag and discounts is the fact that you will belong to a community of alumni who are making a difference for new generations of students. It is encouraging for students to know that they have the support of hundreds of alumni behind them as they pursue their own educations of mind and heart.
Annual Report: Club GOLD donors will be listed in the honor roll list of the Whitworth Annual Report, which comes with a calendar that features great campus photos and highlights of historical and upcoming Whitworth events, mailed exclusively to Whitworth supporters.
Special gift: Alumni who sign up for Club GOLD in the fall of 2012-2013 will receive a special George F. Whitworth magnet, "Snowshoe George" edition.
>> Club GOLD Discount FAQs
- What can I use my discount on?
- The alumni office hosts a number of alumni events throughout the year and will make as many of them eligible for a discount as possible. Just look for "Club GOLD eligible event" on promotional materials, or events marked with an asterisk (*) on our Alumni Events Calendar
- How do I get my discount?
- As soon as we receive your annual gift, or your first monthly gift, we will e-mail you your discount code, which you can use for eligible events. We will also mail you a Club GOLD card that includes your discount code.
- How long can I use my discount code?
- Your discount code is good from September through June. You will receive a new discount code for each year you are a member of Club GOLD.
- If I am married to an alum, do we each get our own discount codes?
- You may use the same discount code for both alumni.
- Other questions? Call us at 509.777.4769 or e-mail email@example.com.