Whitworth Today

Home
President's Message
Editor's Note
Your Letters
BlogWatch
Whitworth News
Class Notes
Department of Note
Go East
¡Vamos a Costa Rica!
Faculty Focus
Then & Now
AfterWord

Then & Now Building Photos

Tempus Fugit (Scroll down to view photos)
Weyerhaeuser Hall (1), dedicated in 2004 and named for longtime Whitworth benefactors C. Davis and Annette Weyerhaeuser, occupies the spot where Leavitt Dining Hall (2) once stood. The current Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library (3), last remodeled and expanded in 1993, improved upon the old library (4), which was built in 1948 in memory of the wife of Spokane publisher William H. Cowles, Sr. In 2008, the Ernst F. Lied Center for the Visual Arts (5), named for one of Whitworth’s most generous supporters, opened. The Lied Center is now home to the art faculty, classrooms and studios that were previously housed in the old fine arts building (6), which was demolished in 2009 to make way for Whitworth’s next new addition – the biology/chemistry building, which will open in 2011.

Weyerhaeuser Hall
Leavitt Dining Hal
Previous Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library
Current Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library
Ernst F. Lied Center for the Visual Arts
Previous Fine Arts Building
 

Copyright © Whitworth University. All Rights Reserved.