Whitworth Home Page >
Whitworth University Recreation Center
The University Recreation Center (U-Rec) offers experiences that enrich the lives of Whitworth University students through offering excellent facilities, fitness, sport, adventure and play. We are committed to developing leaders, encouraging life-long healthy lifestyles and fostering meaningful relationships. The mission is accomplished by focusing on the following guiding principles.
- To create an inviting, friendly atmosphere that values, embraces, and enriches individual differences by providing programs, services, and staff that reflect the diversity of the Institution.
- To provide programming that embodies the concept of “total body fitness”. This is accomplished through a holistic approach to physical fitness.
- We strive to be community builders by serving others, exhibiting loyalty and supporting Whitworth University, Student Affairs, Campus Recreation, co-workers and our patrons.
- Provide programs and opportunities that allow for student leadership development through hands-on experiences. Students are essential to U-Rec as owners, users and employees.
- In Student Life, we prepare students for their future endeavors by empowering them to become independent adults who engage with the people and the world around them.
- To provide an environment that honors God by living the Scripture,( I Corinthians 6:19-20) “19-Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20-you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
- To serve as an internship site for upper division students majoring in Kinesiology, Health Sciences, and Athletic Training.
- To offer general wellness/fitness instruction and information, while supporting the fitness components of the Kinesiology Department’s curriculum.
The facility includes circuit training, cardiovascular stations, powerlifting stations, an indoor track, a climbing wall, a bouldering area, and a three-court gymnasium equipped for volleyball, badminton, pickleball and basketball. Dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, benches, and a variety of sporting equipment are also available to complete your workout.
Whitworth students staff the facility. Experienced and trained climbing guides are available to teach and assist in climbing techniques. No matter what shape you're in right now, the center's staff will welcome you, answer your questions, and guide you in your pursuit of a higher level of fitness and wellness. The Whitworth University Recreation Center is accessible to all currently enrolled Whitworth students with a valid I.D.; the facility also hosts outdoor recreation and intramurals.
- A current Whitworth I.D. card is required for entrance to the facility.
- Re: attire for use of the center, T-shirts and tank tops are fine. Tank tops that show ribs, uncovered sport bras and midriff shirts are not allowed. Check out the policies link for further details.
CLICK ON THIS BOX TO CHECK OUT THE U-REC REGISTRATION PORTAL!
**Check out our classes and clinics schedules (OR, climbing wall, etc.)
**Register for classes and clinics
**Additional contact information available