Home > Career Services > Students >
What is an internship?
Why is an internship important?
- An internship allows you to…
- integrate your classroom knowledge with on-the-job experience;
- “test drive” a career or field of interest without having to commit long-term;
- gain practical hands-on knowledge to be successful in your career; and
- build your network of professionals in your field of study.
How to register for an internship
- First, attend one of the required internship orientations in the Whitworth Career Services
- Complete the contract
form (explained in the orientation), obtain the necessary signatures, and submit the completed form to Whitworth Career Services.
After you have secured an internship site and attended an Internship Orientation, please complete the following
- **International Internship?
During your internship, please record your hours and tasks on the time log.
At the end of your internship, please complete the following online forms:
How to learn more about internships
Are there opportunities to do an internship outside of the United States?
Yes. Students wishing to participate in an international internship must meet with a representative of the Whitworth Off-Campus Studies Office for direction and to complete the required paperwork. Students cannot gain credit for work done in a country under a travel warning. Click here to check travel warnings. Students will be denied credit if they fail to meet with a Whitworth Off-Campus Studies Office representative before leaving on their internship experience.