Whitworth Home Page > Conference Services >
Bride & Groom
The conference department at Whitworth University understands how important your wedding day is to you! We are more than happy to assist and advise you in planning the perfect day. Take time to review our wedding website in order to determine if Whitworth is the right venue for you. Feel free to contact us for more information. We look forward to celebrating with you on this special occasion.
Couples who have a direct relationship to the University may utilize the facility. This includes:
- Faculty/administration/support staff
- Children of faculty/staff
- Whitworth trustees or their dependents
Venues for a ceremony and reception include:
- Seeley G. Mudd Chapel: The chapel has long been the center for campus worship and praise. The front of the room features a beautiful stained glass cross. The sanctuary can comfortably seat 250-300 people. The chapel features a state-of-the-art LCD projector and sound system, available for use upon request.
- HUB Multipurpose Room: While offering a beautiful view of the Whitworth campus, the multipurpose can hold 180 for meals and 245 for events. The room is available for a variety of accommodations thus earning its name. It also has a small dance floor available for those who wish to dance the night away!
- HUB Dining Hall: Our largest meeting space on campus is ideal for events such as receptions and banquets for 250+ guests. The focal point of the room is a stunning 20-foot stained glass window.
- Loop or Hixon Union Building (HUB) lawn: Often an outdoor venue is a desired choice. Whitworth's many pine trees and luscious green grass make any wedding or reception unique.
For couples who wish to explore holding their Wedding Reception on Whitworth's campus, Sodexo, Whitworth's catering department, must be utilized. Sodexo has many tantalizing and delicious menu options that will meet any budget. Contact the conference department for sample menus and ideas.
Is there a sound system available?
Whitworth does provide sound services for specific events on campus depending on the requests; fees do apply. Contact the conference department for more information.
Who may officiate?
An ordained pastor of the Christian faith may officiate with the approval of the university chaplain. Please put the clergy person's name and church/denomination onto the request form.
Are there dressing rooms available?
There are no specific dressing rooms. Bathrooms may be used for this purpose.
Are there candles available?
You will need to provide your own candles and candelabras. These may be obtained from your florist. You must use protectors under the candelabras to protect the carpeting. There will be an extra charge for cleaning the carpet if necessary. A good quality of smokeless and dripless candles is suggested.
Do we need a rehearsal?
Your wedding will be more enjoyable for all participants with a rehearsal scheduled through the conference department.
How many does the chapel hold?
May I hold a reception in the chapel after my ceremony?
The chapel is not available for receptions. If you are interested in holding a reception on campus, please contact the conference department.
May I bring alcohol on campus for communion purposes?
Alcohol is not allowed on campus and smoking is not allowed in the chapel.
The wedding party must provide liability insurance for the event. Please contact the conference department for more information.
If you are planning your wedding during September to May contact:
Assistant Director of Special Events
If you are planning your wedding during June to August contact:
Dayna Coleman Jones
Director of Summer Conferences