Residence Life & Housing

  Information For:
Incoming Students
Current Students

  Information About:
Campus Dining Services (Sodexo)
Living on Campus
Off-Campus Housing
Theme Houses
Residence Halls
Safety & Security

Font size:
Medium Text Large Text

Print this page:Print this page

Home > Residence Life & Housing > Parents >

Personal Property Insurance

Whitworth University is unable to insure the personal property of students and will not reimburse students for losses associated with their personal property. We simply cannot define in advance the limits on the value of student property. If items are stolen from a student's room or from student storage, or if they are damaged because of a ruptured water pipe, etc., the university will not pay to replace those items.

Personal-property insurance may be purchased for residence-hall-room contents through numerous insurance companies. We also encourage students and parents to check their homeowners' policies, as many include coverage for on-campus belongings when students are away at school. If you have questions regarding this option, please contact the student life program assistant at 509.777.4532.