Forensic Team Reunion
Many of your classmates plan to stay at the Ramada Inn and Suites on Newport Highway, where a special block of rooms is being held until Sept. 1. If you would like to reserve a room at the Ramada, please call 800.210.8975 and ask for the Whitworth homecoming rate.
When: Oct. 4-6, 2013
Use #whitworthalumni in your social media homecoming weekend!
Register now. (Registraion closes on Sept. 30.)
Schedule of events.
|Saturday, Oct. 5
- 8 a.m.: Mind & Hearth Coffee Shop open, HUB
- 9 a.m.: Forensics Team Reunion Breakfast, HUB Conference Rooms ABC
Registration required, $11 per person.
- 9 a.m.: Heritage Gallery Hall of Fame Breakfast, HUB Multipurpose Room
Join us as we celebrate with some of the best athletes in Whitworth's history and add four individuals to the Heritage Gallery, sponsored by the Crimson Club. Hear from those being honored as well as from those who competed alongside them. For reservations, contact Jennifer Toulouse-Lee in the kinesiology & athletics office at 509.777.3224 or email@example.com.
- 9 a.m.-6 p.m.: Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library open
On display, "A Brief History of Intercultural Relations at Whitworth."
- 9:30 a.m.: Ultimate Frisbee in The Loop
All alumni are welcome to play. Students and alumni will square off for this 5th annual Homecoming tradition. Get your Frisbee out and show up for a round-robin tourney. Everybody (who wants to) plays. Or grab a cup of coffee from the Mind & Hearth and come support your classmates.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Pauline Anderson Haas Art Exhibit in Oliver Gallery
Lied Center for the Visual Arts
- 10 a.m.: Bookstore open in the HUB
- 10:30 a.m.: Campus tours leave from the HUB
Tour your Whitworth home to see familiar sites and beautiful new additions. Tours will be led by staff and admissions tour guides.
- 10:30 a.m.: Volleyball Cluster Reunion 2000-2013, Fieldhouse
- 10:45 a.m.: Alumni Men'sTennis Match, Cutter Tennis Courts
- 11 a.m.: Crimson and Black Alumni Swim Meet, Aquatics Center
- 11:30 a.m.: University Recreation Center Dedication: North end of campus, behind Westminster Hall
- 11:45 a.m.: Whitworth Family Picnic, HUB
All Whitworthians and their families are welcome to attend this casual picnic lunch. $8 per person, please pay at the door.
- 1 p.m.: Football vs. Pacific (Ore.), Pine Bowl
Wear your crimson and black and stop by the alumni tent at halftime for a raffle and to enjoy your favorite “Saga” brownies, beverages and popcorn.
- 3:30 p.m.: Alumni Women's Tennis Match, Cutter Tennis Courts
- 5 p.m.: Whitworth Volleyball in the Fieldhouse
- 5-9 p.m.: Kids' College (5-12 years) and Childcare (under 4 years)
Register your child to participate in age-appropriate Whitworth fun, with a pizza dinner included. Childcare is staffed by well-trained Whitworthians. Registration required: $25 per child before Sept. 22, $30 after.
- 5 p.m.: Reunion photos, light appetizer and punchbowl reception, HUB.
Please arrive early to make sure you’re in your class photo. (5:05 p.m.: 1993, 5:10 p.m.: 2003, 5:15 p.m.: 2008, 5:20 p.m.: Late '80s, 5:25 p.m.: Forensics). Registration required: $17 per person before Sept. 22, $20 after.
- 5:30 p.m.: Homecoming Celebration Dinner, HUB.
Celebrate your reunion with a great meal, live music, campus updates, a brief greeting from President Beck A. Taylor, the presentation of the young alumni award, and an opportunity to catch up with your classmates. Business casual attire is suggested.
- 6:45 p.m.: Class Dessert Receptions
- Evening: Non-Programmed Forensics Reunion Gathering
The Onion, 7522 North Divsion Street, Spokane, Wash. 99208
- 8 p.m.: Pianist Mark Valenti Concert, Music Building Recital Hall
|Sunday, Oct. 6
- 9 a.m.: Alumni Baseball Home Run Derby, Merkel Field
- 1 p.m: Alumni Baseball Game, Merkel Field
Please contact the Whitworth Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.777.3799.