Whitworth Home Page > Visit Whitworth >
Spokane and the Region
Whitworth University is located in Spokane, Wash., the second largest city in Washington state and the hub of the Inland Northwest. The Pacific Northwest is one of the most naturally beautiful, geographically diverse, economically vibrant and physically active regions in the country.
- Metropolitan population: 609,000
- Ideal four-season climate, with more than 260 clear days each year
- Outdoor recreation opportunities galore
- Skiing and snowboarding at five major ski resorts within an hour-and-a-half drive of campus
- 76 lakes and rivers
- Dozens of public parks
- Thriving community life that includes Spokane's acclaimed symphony, jazz orchestra, civic and Broadway theatre performances
- Hoopfest, the largest 3-on-3 outdoor basketball tournament in the world
- Bloomsday, the city's famous 12K run
- First Friday Art Walks
Click here to view a list of things to do in and near Spokane.