How Long Will It Take
To Earn My Degree?
Transfer & New Student Scenarios
Transferwith A.A. or approved A.A.S. degree
Transferwith 35 approved credits
New Studentwith no transfer credits
|Credits you've already completed||60||35||0|
|Approximate credits needed to complete your bachelor's degree at Whitworth||36 for academic majors 30 general education requirements & electives||36 for academic majors 55 general education requirements & electives||36 for academic majors 90 general education requirements & electives|
|Total credits needed to graduate||126||126||126|
|Average time to completion||2-21/2 yrs||3-4 yrs||4-5 yrs|
|Earning credit for what you know may shorten time to degree completion. Whitworth administers CLEP and DANTES subject exams to help you earn college credits. Check with your academic major to see if prior learning portfolio credits may be offered.|
* Swipe sideways to see full table*
Hybrid Online Courses
Whitworth’s hybrid online courses were designed to give you the experience of a traditional on-campus education, combined with the convenience of online learning. Some course material and learning activities are moved online, reducing the amount of time you physically spend in the classroom.
Our hybrid online classes usually meet just three times during each six-week course, with instructor and student engagement online between class sessions.
As an adult student with work, family and other responsibilities, you may find it daunting to think about spending years going to class every night. Whitworth's accelerated-format courses make it possible to complete your degree in a realistic amount of time.
- Complete any of our evening degrees in the accelerated format, from start to finish. Most courses are six weeks long with some specific courses offered in nine or twelve week sessions.
- Classes meet either one night per week and a couple Saturdays each month or two nights per week and no Saturdays.
- Hybrid online courses are available.
- You concentrate on just one course at a time, allowing you to focus your study and retain more of what you learn.
- Classes are available at the Whitworth University campus, in north Spokane, and downtown, at the U-District location.
All of the Whitworth adult degree programs are designed for working professionals, making it possible for you to pursue your goals by attending full or part time in the evening.
Thinking about earning your master's degree at Whitworth?
Find out how our Step Up Program can help Whitworth students shorten the path to a master's degree: Visit whitworth.edu/stepup to learn more.