|Instructional Technology & Media Services: Reservation Procedures for Faculty and Staff
Reservation Procedures for Faculty and Staff
DVD or VHS videotape media:
- Faculty, lecturers, adjunct faculty and staff may check out film media from the circulation desk of Harriett Cheney Cowles Library. A list of Whitworth's holdings
is available from the Library Catalog, using the link from the Whitworth University Library webpage or from the Instructional Resources webpage. Be sure to select "videorecording" from the "Quick Limits" area of the form to narrow your search to film media. You are also welcome to come into the instructional technology and media services area of the library to browse our collection. You will need a Whitworth Univeristy employee I.D. card to check out any media.
- Students, teaching assistants and guests may not check film media out of the library, as the primary use is for academics and the classroom. Film media may be put on reserve for student use within the library. Please take film media to the library circulation desk and fill out the library reserve form to ensure availability for students in your course. Guests are welcome to view films in our television-viewing area.
- If you find that we do not have the film media you wish to use in the the Whitworth University Library collection, please contact Judy Dehle.
- Most of our film media collection has been purchased with course use in mind and under the Fair Use terms of US Copyright Law and may not be used in large public venues. DVDs and videos that may be used in large venues or in dorm lounges are labeled as having public presentation rights (PPR) and may have a yellow dot on the spine of the media case.
When requesting equipment for academic use:
- Please email ITMS at least 4 days prior to the
desired use date of equipment. Please include equipment needs, user's name, phone number, use date, delivery time, pickup time, course number,
building and classroom where you wish to have equipment delivered. Non-delivery equipment includes slide projectors,
tape recorders, digital recorders, and other small equipment items. These items must be picked up, checked out and returned to ITMS. The standard checkout
period is 24 hours unless items will be used over the weekend. ITMS is closed Saturdays and has limited hours Sunday evenings.
- ITMS does not deliver to residence halls, theme houses, or off-campus. Please make arrangements to pick up and return equipment at the ITMS counter.
- Keep in mind that ITMS equipment is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority to academics.
- ITMS equipment is not for personal use.
NOTE: Please e-mail requests, as phone requests are not reliable.