Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- 45 credits
- $575 per credit for the 2016-17 academic year
(Financial aid and scholarships are available.)
- Select time each month on campus, online between classes.
- Applications are due four weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you plan to enroll.
- Fall Term: First week of August
- Jan Term: First week of December
- Spring Term: First week of January
- Summer Term: Third week of April
About the Program
Whitworth's Master of Arts in Christian Ministry is designed for those working in ministry now or considering it in the future. Throughout the program, you'll receive specialized training and preparation in preaching, pastoral care and worship.
Prepare for Service
Deepen your understanding of Bible and theology as you develop practical skills that equip you for the challenges of everyday ministry. Dedicated professors encourage open discussion and thoughtful reflection, so you can explore your own approach to ministry.
In addition to Theology Core courses, special focus is given to courses in leadership, biblical exegesis and teaching. You'll also have the opportunity to explore topics of your choice with 15 credits of electives.
Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (45 credits)
Theology Core (18 credits)
- THG 510 - History of Christianity I: The Great Tradition (3 credits)
- THG 515 - Christian Theology (3 credits)
- THG 520 - History of Christianity II: Reform & Renewal (3 credits)
- THG 530 - Christian Spirituality (3 credits)
- THG 545 - New Testament Theology (3 credits)
- THG 560 - Old Testament Theology (3 credits)
Christian Ministry Courses (12 credits)
- THG 525 - Leadership in the Christian Community (3 credits)
- THG 535 - Biblical Exegesis for Ministry (3 credits)
- THG 565 - Pastoral Care in a Faith Community (3 credits)
- THG 580 - Teaching & Preaching the Bible (3 credits)
Elective Courses (15 credits)