Campus Visit Travel Grant
We know that the best possible way to learn whether Whitworth is a good college fit for you is to visit campus so you can sit in on a class, connect with students and faculty, spend a night in the residence halls and get a glimpse of life in our community. We also know that travel isn't cheap and some families may need financial assistance to make a campus visit possible. We have funds available to provide travel grants to admitted freshmen and transfer students who haven't yet visited campus.
Eligible students who meet all of these criteria are invited to complete our online campus visit travel grant form. Travel grant applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and will be awarded to cover travel expenses for eligible students as long as funding is available. Applicants will be notified within two working days about whether their grant is approved.
To request a travel grant, follow these steps:
- Complete the Campus Visit Travel Grant Application in advance of your desired visit date.
- Complete the Individual Reservation Form at www.whitworth.edu/individualvisit.
- Whitworth will notify you within two days if you have been awarded a travel grant and will send you a payment authorization form to document the individual to whom the travel grant check should be issued.
- Complete the payment authorization form, make a copy of receipts for travel and submit them to the admissions office during your campus visit or no later than two weeks after your campus visit.
- A check in the amount of your travel grant will be mailed to the individual identified on the payment authorization form.