Fun Things to Do Around Spokane
Whitworth has 200 acres of stately pines, wide-open green spaces and first-rate facilities -- right in the middle of one of the most scenic regions in the U.S. The Spokane area offers a thriving community life and abundant outdoor activities.
- Didier's Yogurt & More: Tuesday-night froyo is a Whitworth tradition
- Petit Chat Bakery: Popular gathering spot within walking distance of campus
- Twigs Bistro: Sophisticated yet casual dining and fabulous gorgonzola fries!
- Wasabi Bistro & Sushi Bar: Within walking distance of campus; students enjoy the sushi line here.
- Tomato Street: Italian cuisine feature wood-fired pizza
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries: Handmade burgers, and peanuts while you wait!
- The Flying Goat: Great artisanal pizza
- Anthony's at Spokane Falls: Fresh Northwest seafood and beautiful views of the Spokane River
- Dick's Drive-In: Cheap eats and fun people-watching
- Old European: Traditional European breakfast and lunch dishes
- Prospectors: Large portions of all your favorite grill fare
- The Service Station: A popular coffee shop, study spot and concert venue
- Head to Holmberg Park to play ultimate Frisbee, softball, tennis and basketball, or hike in the 104-acre Holmberg Conservation Area.
- Village Centre Cinemas boasts 12 movie screens.
- Wandermere Golf Course: Take advantage of $12 Tuesdays to play 18 holes on this scenic course.
- Mt. Spokane: Hike, bike or snowshoe to the summit; ski or snowboard down.
- Green Bluff: Visit 25 orchards and farms for a picnic and u-pick fruit. (The Apple Festival is an autumn highlight.)
- NorthTown Mall: Shop, dine or see a movie.
- Riverside State Park covers 10,000 acres and is Washington state's largest park. Enjoy hiking, fishing, mountain biking, rock climbing, disc golf, and a swinging bridge at the Bowl & Pitcher scenic area. Jump on the Centennial Trail's 37 miles of paved path from Spokane to Coeur d'Alene.
- River Park Square: Shop at popular national retailers and unique boutiques, dine at hip restaurants, nosh at the food court, or watch the latest blockbuster movie.
- The Knitting Factory Concert House presents concerts by alternative bands.
- INB Performing Arts Center: Broadway touring production, anyone?
- The Martin Woldson Theatre at the Fox is home to the Spokane Symphony.
- Laser Quest: Test your skills in the largest three-level laser arena in the U.S.
- Riverfront Park: Ride a gondola over Spokane Falls, take a spin on the historic Looff Carrousel, and skate at the Ice Palace.
- Spokane Arena: Cheer on the Spokane Empire indoor football team or the Chiefs hockey team, or rock out at a national touring concert.
- Kendall Yards: This new urban neighborhood features scenic views of the Spokane River, fun boutiques, eclectic restaurants, and a farmers market with live music.
In the Region
- Silverwood: The Northwest's largest theme park offers 70 rides, slides and shows. Whee!
- Lake Coeur d' Alene: Visit the beach, rent a kayak or grab a sundae at this resort-town gem -- one of 76 lakes and rivers in the region.
- Hit the slopes at one of the five resorts within 90 minutes of campus.