Why Whitworth Days
"Why Whitworth?" isn't just a rhetorical question. We really do want you to discover anything and everything that will help you decide why Whitworth could be a great school for you. Why Whitworth? is a program for prospective students and their parents that takes place on select dates during the fall and spring semesters. Your day will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. (or thereabouts) and will feature the following activities:
- Campus tour
- Admissions presentation
- Class visit(s) of your choice
- Student panel
- Lunch in the dining hall (student meals are on us)
- Your parents are welcome to join you for the entire program. While you visit a class, your parents are invited to attend a parent seminar.
|2016-17 Why Whitworth Days|
|Friday, Sept. 23||Friday, Nov.11||Friday, March 3||Wednesday, April 12|
|Friday, Sept. 30||Friday, Nov. 18||Friday, March 10||Friday, April 21|
|Friday, Oct. 7||Friday, Dec. 2||Friday, March 17||Friday, April 28|
|Friday, Oct. 14||Friday, Feb.10||Monday, April 3|
|Friday, Oct. 21||Friday, Feb. 17||Wednesday, April 5|
|Friday, Nov. 4||Monday, Feb. 20||Friday, April 7|
- Meals in the HUB dining hall are served cafeteria-style, with a wide variety of menu options, for $8.50 per person. A la carte meal options are available in The Café in the Hixson Union Building and in the Mind & Hearth Coffee House (where cash, credit and debit cards are accepted).
- In addition to the planned program, you may request a one-on-one appointment with a professor or a coach (based on his or her availability) and may stay overnight in a residence hall with a student host. These appointments will take place either before or after the Why Whitworth program, which runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to host parents overnight on campus. Please see the Local Accommodations list for recommended hotels close to campus. Most of the listed hotels offer a reduced rate – just let the desk clerk know that you're visiting Whitworth.
If you'd prefer a visit that includes more specialized activities, we recommend that you schedule an Individual Visit. (Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate individual visits on Why Whitworth Days.)