New students at Whitworth University are required to submit an immunization history to the Whitworth University Health Center. Keeping the campus community healthy is a priority; therefore, certain immunizations are required. Required immunizations include the following:
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mmr.html
- Meningococcal (meningitis): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mening.html
Recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-a.html
- Hepatitis B: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.html
- Human papilloma virus (HPV): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hpv-gardasil.html and www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/visstatements/hpv-cervarix.html
- Influenza (yearly): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.html
- Pneumococcal pneumonia (for high-risk populations only): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hib.html
- Polio: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/ipv.html
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/td-tdap.html
- Varicella (chicken pox): www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/varicella.html
Deadline for Immunization History Form
Please complete the Immunization History form and submit it electronically by Aug. 14. All information remains confidential.
For all new, transfer and re-admitted students who enter Whitworth in the fall semester, immunization requirements must be completed by Oct. 15 to allow the student to participate in pre-registration for the next semester.
For all new, transfer and re-admitted students who enter Whitworth in the spring semester, requirements of immunization must be completed by March 15 to allow the student to participate in pre-registration for the next semester.
As of July 1, 2004, colleges and universities in Washington state must make educational information available on meningococcal disease to all incoming students.
Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine: www.nmaus.org/pdf/brochures/NMA%20Brochure_150%20DPI.pdf
Why It's Important to Have A Meningococcal Booster: www.voicesofmeningitis.org/meningitis-video-library.html www.texaschildrens.org/video/why-meningitis-vaccination-so-important-college-students
Before new students come to campus, they must complete the Tuberculosis Self-Screening form. Students who are at higher risk for tuberculosis must have a tuberculosis risk-assessment completed. The tuberculosis risk-assessment must be done and the form completed by the student's primary care provider before the student's arrival at Whitworth.
Deadline for Tuberculosis Self-Screening Form and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form
Please complete the Tuberculosis Self-Screening form (required for all new students) and Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form (if required per Tuberculosis Self-Screening form) and submit by fax or mail by Aug. 20. All information remains confidential.