Veteran Education Benefits
Whitworth University deeply values the service and sacrifice of veterans and their families. Whitworth was recognized as a Military Friendly School for 2017 by Victory Media based on our strong support for veterans and their dependents as well as high institutional ratings for student retention, graduation, job placement and loan repayment.
Whitworth is approved for veteran training as an institution of higher education by the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC). The university's academic programs of study are approved by the WSAC State Approving Agency for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code. Whitworth is committed to upholding and complying with the intent of Veterans Administration regulations.
Whitworth is approved for enrollment of veterans and their families eligible to receive education benefits provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The university currently enrolls a number of students receiving VA educational benefits. Educational support programs available through the VA include:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill ® or "Yellow Ribbon"
- Montgomery GI Bill ®
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance
- Veterans Educational Assistance (VEAP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - The VA has ended this program as of Nov. 25, 2015. See more information on GI Bill website.
- Military Tuition Assistance (TA)
Please contact the VA directly at 888.442.4551 for more information about your specific benefit options. Veterans and their families may also use the VA's online Ask Us a GI Bill ® Question for answers to questions that others have asked about benefits or to ask your own questions. Information about education benefits with the VA is available by going online to www.gibill.va.gov and clicking on "Apply for Benefits."
The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs has also published a helpful Guide for Veterans Attending College as a resource on starting the education benefits process.
More About Veteran Benefits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Yellow Ribbon @ Whitworth
- Military Leave Request
- New VA Student Checklist
- VA Certification Request Form (Whitworth login required)
- Yellow Ribbon Program Application Form