Frequently Asked Questions
Can VA educational benefits be used at Whitworth University?
Yes, all of our programs are approved by the Washington State Approving Agency for VA benefits at Whitworth.
What benefits will I receive at Whitworth with the GI Bill®?
The VA has a great resource for benefit information: The GI Bill Comparison Tool. Check out your potential benefits at Whitworth.
How do veterans (or dependents) get set up to use their VA benefits at Whitworth?
Please click here to see our student checklist for using benefits at Whitworth.
What other resources are available for veterans?
- StudentAid.gov: Military and student financial aid
- College Navigator: Check out Whitworth University on College Navigator.
- College Scorecard: Check out Whitworth University on College Scorecard.
- Paying for College: Understand the financial lingo and guides associated with school.
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA): Active-duty service members are entitled to have their debt capped at 6 percent interest. "Hostile-area" veterans can have interest reduced to zero percent on qualifying loans up to 60 days.
- Department of Defense Tuition Assistance
- eBenefits Homepage: Manage your VA benefits personal information
- Veterans Employment: Search engine for jobs and employers committed to hiring veterans
Does Whitworth University offer a tuition discount for veterans?
While we don't have a tuition discount, we do offer the Yellow Ribbon Program for eligible post- 9/11 benefit students.
Does Whitworth University participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Yes. For the 2016-17 VA year, which begins Aug. 1, 2016, Whitworth has signed a contract with the Veterans Administration to provide funding for 70 undergraduate and 25 graduate students through the Yellow Ribbon Program. Funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.