Marketable securities held in a donor’s brokerage or trust account may be transferred to Whitworth University using the following stock-transfer process. Whitworth University thanks you for choosing to support its students and programs with a gift of securities.
Do you have questions about donating securities to Whitworth University? Please contact the Whitworth Office of Institutional Advancement at 509.777.4343 or 800.532.4668 for assistance.
Stock Transfer Process
1. Call or fax the Whitworth University Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Phone: 800.532.4668 or 509.777.4343
- Fax: 509.777.3724
2. Please provide:
- Name(s) of donor(s)
- Number of shares and name of security
- Intended transfer date
- Donor’s intended use of gift
3. The donor should provide her/his broker with the following delivery instructions for the transaction:
- Name of person to be associated with gift
- Name of security to be transferred
- Number of shares to be transferred
- CUSIP number or ticker symbol
- Uses and purposes of the gift
4. Transfers of securities for the benefit of Whitworth University should be made to the following address:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc (DTC # 0164)
Attn: Transfer of Account
101 Montgomery St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
Contact: Sondra Schmidt
FBO: Whitworth University
Acct. No. 93824057
Upon notice of the transfer, Charles Schwab will notify Whitworth University of the completed transaction. The valuation of the gift will be calculated for the average of the high and low price for the day of transfer to the university’s holding account.
Charles Schwab & Co. is our preferred broker; however, if you prefer to transfer stock through Whitworth’s historical broker of record, please contact June Hanson at the number below.
Questions about donating securities to Whitworth? Please contact the Whitworth Office of Institutional Advancement at 509.777.4343 or 800.532.4668 for assistance.