A Helpful Financial Aid Timeline
The financial aid office staff welcomes you to the Whitworth community. We look forward to assisting you in receiving financial aid. The following is a timeline that includes links to online processes. We hope you find it helpful. Feel free to contact us for additional information at 509.777.3215, 800.533.4668, or email@example.com.
- Begin your scholarship search by reading Tips on Scholarship Research and Application.
- Create a Federal Student Aid I.D. at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. (Parent(s) and student need to create separate FSA I.D.s on their own.)
The 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Opened Oct. 1
- Print a FAFSA from the web worksheet.
- Gather the necessary documents needed to complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA on the web worksheet with all of the necessary information.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload 2015 income information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. Whitworth's federal school code is 003804.
- Receive your electronic Student Aid Report from the federal processor and review it for accuracy. Make any necessary changes to your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- Receive your Financial Aid Award Notification from Whitworth University.
- Read through the award; to understand the types of aid, visit www.whitworth.edu/financialaid.
- Review your financial aid award packet to determine what is needed to complete your financial aid file at Whitworth. If you need a form, visit www.whitworth.edu/financialaid/forms.
- Visit Pirate Port to see your award notice and missing documents.
- Receive the online billing form from Whitworth Student Accounting Services via your student email.
- Review your charges and financial aid for accuracy.
- Determine if there is a balance due for the semester.
- Consider a payment plan. Parents may want to apply for a Federal Direct Parent Loan.
- Submit a final high school transcript with confirmation of your high school graduation to the Whitworth Admissions Office.
- Complete processes related to Federal Direct Student Loans. New borrowers must complete two online processes in order to receive funds under this program. Please click here to complete these processes.
- Watch for an email from Whitworth Student Employment (if you have been awarded work-study) that provides you information on how to apply for on-campus work-study positions.
- Prepare a résumé to bring with you to apply for on-campus work-study positions.
- At this point, if all required documents have been submitted and processed, your financial aid file should be complete and final, and you should have submitted the online billing form to student accounting services.
- Visit the student employment booth at the welcome fair during Orientation Week. Pick up a work-study job-search packet.
- Begin your on-campus work-study job search.
- If your award is finalized and your loan processes complete, your financial aid funds should transfer to your Whitworth student account during the first week of classes. For disbursement information, click here.