Pathways to Physical Therapy
Whitworth's Pathways to Physical Therapy program provides Whitworth undergraduate students with the opportunity to connect with the Whitworth Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. Pathways to Physical Therapy program participants will receive ongoing support from DPT faculty and staff to navigate the prerequisites and program application while completing their undergraduate studies. The Whitworth DPT program has reserved 25 percent of spots for Whitworth undergraduate students, and the Pathways to Physical Therapy program provides students with additional preparation to apply to the DPT program.
- Guaranteed invitation to first interview days (late fall) for those who meet minimum application requirements.
- Complete observation hours in our on-campus clinic.
- Biannual open house events where undergraduates can:
- Tour the Dornsife Health Sciences Building, including clinical and research spaces.
- Meet with current students in the DPT program.
- Discuss research and teaching expertise with faculty members.
- Attend a coaching session to prepare for the PTCAS application process.
To be considered for the Pathways to Physical Therapy program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to Whitworth as an undergraduate student.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA:
- High school (first-year) students: 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Transfer students: 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Current students in their first two years at Whitworth may also apply to this program if they have a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Pursue a degree that meets the prerequisite requirements for the DPT program and/or plan to take required coursework to meet the program requirements.
- Complete the physical therapy Pathways to Physical Therapy application, which includes a brief essay.
Incoming students who meet the minimum GPA requirements for the Pathways to Physical Therapy program and have shown interest in pre-physical therapy or heath science will be contacted via email and invited to apply after being admitted to Whitworth. Please contact the office of admissions with any questions about the program or application by calling 509.777.4786, texting 509.413.0037 or emailing email@example.com.