Online Privacy Statement
Whitworth University is committed to protecting your privacy. The following privacy statement explains data-collection practices on the main university website (www.whitworth.edu). Some third-party service providers used by Whitworth may have their own privacy policies, and Whitworth is not responsible for policies or practices of these sites. Detailed below are ways Whitworth may collect information about you and how that information is handled.
Whitworth University does not collect personal information unless website users affirmatively choose to make such information available. If users do choose to share personal information with Whitworth University, this information can be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide information or services you have requested: This may include, but is not limited to sending electronic newsletters, sending notifications/alerts and processing your registration for an event.
- For follow-up communications: Whitworth may use your information to send customer service or transactional emails. These may include, but are not limited to, communications regarding the status of your order, reminders about events for which you registered, replies to your email or phone inquiries, emails containing resources you requested or purchase confirmations.
- To deliver advertising based on your information or preferences.
- To conduct statistical analysis of our website: The information Whitworth collects is used to analyze and improve our site in order to better serve our users.
- Other uses: There may be other instances where we use or collect your information. Such instances will only be at your direction and/or with your consent.
Sharing Personal Information
Whitworth University does not sell, rent or lease personal data. The university utilizes outside companies to support its business operations, and those third parties may receive and process your personal data under appropriate instructions. The third parties are required to store and process the information confidentially and securely on behalf of Whitworth and to use it only as outlined by the university.
Whitworth University uses third-party services, such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords Remarketing, to monitor and analyze site traffic. The systems used collect basic information about site visitors' computers and devices, including the IP address, location, hardware model, operating system or browser. Whitworth also collects information about how users interact with the university website, including the pages they visit and the duration of use. Whitworth uses this information to help understand the general needs and preferences of website visitors. This information is not used to identify a specific user or to track a specific user's behavior on the site.
Whitworth University utilizes cookies to track how you use this website, to personalize your site experience, and to deliver relevant advertisements after you leave the university website. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Whitworth University's website contains links to other sites, and Whitworth is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites.
Please note that while Whitworth University does not actively share information, in some cases the university may be compelled by law to release information gathered from its web servers. Whitworth University may also log data to protect the university from illegal activity and disclose personal information to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to Whitworth University's information technology resources. Whitworth University reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time.
For related information, please see the EU General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Notice for Whitworth University.