Master of Arts in Theology
- 36 credits
- $590 per credit for the 2021-22 academic year
(Financial aid and scholarships are available.)
- Select time each month on campus, online between classes.
- Applications are due four weeks prior to the start of the semester in which you plan to enroll.
- Fall Term: First week of August
- Jan Term: First week of December
- Spring Term: First week of January
- Summer Term: Third week of April
About the Program
Whether you're a lay leader, working in ministry, or seeking graduate-level training in the classical disciplines of biblical studies, church history and Christian theology, Whitworth can prepare you. The Master of Arts in Theology challenges you to discern God's call on your life and addresses contemporary issues in ministry you face every day, in a supportive community that allows all students to be heard.
Dedicated professors expose you to new ideas and challenge your thinking. In-class discussions and reflection allow you to apply what you're learning to your individual calling, and to the ministries in which you are engaged.
Whitworth's M.A. Theology program offers generous elective course selection, leaving room for you to explore topics that interest you. Complete the Theology Core courses and work with your advisor to customize your program with 18 credits of electives.
Master of Arts in Theology (36 credits)
Theology Core (18 credits)
- THG 510 - History of Christianity I: The Great Tradition (3 credits)
- THG 515 - Christian Theology (3 credits)
- THG 520 - History of Christianity II: Reform & Renewal (3 credits)
- THG 530 - Christian Spirituality (3 credits)
- THG 545 - New Testament Theology (3 credits)
- THG 560 - Old Testament Theology (3 credits)
Elective Courses (18 credits)