When we say our programs are flexible, we mean it.
Whitworth is known and valued for providing high-quality, relational educational experiences to its students. We are committed to maintaining programs that allow adult students and instructors to engage and have meaningful dialogue – in the evenings and on weekends – whether face-to-face or online.
Our flexible learning options allow you to have the option to choose between online* and in-person options depending on how you prefer to learn and what fits your schedule. Want to try both? No problem. We can work to customize a plan that fits your needs.
- Online: Students who choose to attend classes online will attend remotely via Zoom or another video conferencing program, interacting with their instructor and classmates in real time.
- In person: Students attending in person will have class on campus in north Spokane or at the U-District location.
Classroom & Instruction
Continuing Studies instructors are encouraged and trained to engage all students equally, both in-class participants and remote participants. We strive to create an environment that honors each student regardless of learning modality.
Students who choose to participate remotely are required to:
- create a distraction-free environment;
- maintain sufficient internet connectivity; and
- have access to and utilize a computer with a webcam and microphone.
Our adult evening programs are built in an accelerated format – six-week, nine-week and 12-week courses. You concentrate on just one course at a time, allowing you to focus your study and retain more of what you learn. Most courses meet one to two nights per week, with class starting at 6 p.m. Some courses may meet one or two Saturdays during each six-week session.