Pre-Assessed Prior Learning List
Whitworth University’s School of Continuing Studies pre-assessed prior learning list is a repository of industry licenses, certificates, certifications, and exams that have been evaluated for credit through the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
|Course/Exam/Certification/License Title||Credit Recommendation|
|American Association of Medical Assistants, Inc.|
|Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)||24|
|American Red Cross or American Heart Association|
|First Aid, CPR, & AED||1|
|Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Assistants to Infancy Montessori Diploma||30|
|Primary Montessori Diploma||30|
|Elementary Montessori Diploma||30|
|Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)|
|Series 6 License||1|
|Series 7 License||6|
|Series 63 License||1|
|Series 65 License||1|
|Series 66 License||2|
|Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)|
|Professional in Human Resources (PHR)||3|
|Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)||3|
|Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)||3|
|Certified Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt||3|
|Certified Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt||6|
|Professional Development Program||3|
|National Association of Sports Medicine|
|Certified Personal Trainer||4|
|Project Management Institute (PMI)|
|Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)||3|
|Project Management Professional (PMP)||3|
|PMI Agile Certified Provider (PMI - ACP)||3|
|State Insurance Licenses|
|WA Crop Adjuster||1|
|WA Personal Lines Producer||1|
|WA Life and Disability Producer Combo||2|
|WA Property Producer||1|
|WA Life Producer||1|
|WA Disability Producer||1|
|WA Casualty Producer||1|
|WA Property and Casualty Producer Combo||2|
|WA Surplus Lines Broker||1|
|State Real Estate Licenses|
|Real Estate Broker License||6|
|Real Estate Agent/Sales License||3|
|Summit Professional Education|
|Physical Therapy Assistant Continuing Education||30 CEUs = 1 credit|
|Occupational Therapy Continuing Education||30 CEUs = 1 credit|
|Washington Department of Financial Institutions|
|Designated Mortgage Broker License: Washington||1|
|Escrow Officer License: Washington||1|
|Mortgage Loan Originators License: Washington||1|
|Washington Department of Health|
|Certified Nursing Assistant||3|
|Emergency Medical Technician||4|
|Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)|
|Fundamental Course of Study||1|
|Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission|
|Basic Law Enforcement Academy||20|
|Washington State Professional Educator Standards Board|
|Paraeducator Certificate Program||2|
|Software Development Certificate||3|
- Credit recommendations listed are a recommendation, not a guarantee.
- Students may earn up to 31 semester credits through prior learning (DSST/CLEP tests, ACE credits, prior learning portfolio and military transcripts).
- No additional fees will be collected for pre-approved prior learning on this list.
- All pre-approved prior learning are lower-division elective credits and do not take the place of major course requirements.
- Credit awarded based on the recommendations in this guide will appear on the student's transcript using the course code XX-200.
- If your course/training/license is not listed, it may still be eligible for credit. You may submit it for evaluation using to determine if it is eligible for credit. Additional fees apply. Contact your advisor for more information.
- Appropriate documentation must be submitted to be eligible to receive the credits recommended. Documentation must include official proof of completion and show expiration date, if applicable.
- Credentials with an expiration date must be currently active. Credentials with no expiration date may be eligible for credit if you are still working a related field or if the credential was earned within the last 10 years.
- If you have completed a course/exam/certification/license that is very similar to one on this list or one that was completed with a different organization than listed, contact your advisor for more information.
- PLA will not award credit for certifications or coursework that duplicates the content of credits earned through PLA, transfer credit or Whitworth University coursework.