Athletic Coaching Minor
As an athletic coaching minor at Whitworth, you will be exposed to the latest research in sport psychology, injury care and prevention, and the legal and administrative aspects of coaching. Mentorship from professors, hands-on simulations and guest lectures from professionals in the field will help you develop a strong foundation for a career in coaching.
Why minor in athletic coaching at Whitworth?
- Gain hands-on experience through case studies, coaching observations, practice planning and in-class coaching exercises.
- Network with and learn from professionals in the field. Gain firsthand knowledge from guest presenters and opportunities to interview coaches and athletes.
- Connect your faith or worldview with your studies. You'll confront ethical coaching dilemmas, develop biblical coaching principles and hear from guest speakers who put their faith into practice daily on the field.
- Prepare for your career through internships. Explore your options, gain valuable experience and make connections with employers.
- Get to know your professors and peers. Professors are intentional about creating community, and small class sizes support students both academically and professionally.
- Become who you're meant to be.
Our athletic coaching grads make a difference (and get jobs)
The athletic coaching minor prepares students to become athletic coaches at any level. With the growth and popularity of sports, especially youth sports, the demand for trained athletic coaches is higher than ever.
Recent placements include: