Whitworth University is one of the best higher-education values in the Western United States. We're consistently ranked among the top five master's-level universities in the 15-state region of the Western United States in U.S. News & World Report's annual ranking of best values. We're also ranked in the top half of Kiplinger's ranking of the top 100 private university values in the United States.
The rankings recognize our strong commitments to academic quality and financial aid. These commitments, along with small class sizes and a supportive campus community, exceptional teaching, and thorough career and graduate school preparation, ensure that Whitworth students get an excellent return on their investment.
Here are a few more reasons Whitworth is a great value:
- 85% of Whitworth's graduates finish in four years.
- 100 percent of Whitworth freshmen receive financial aid.
- The average financial aid award for 2015-16 freshmen was $33,600/year.
- 91% of transfer students receive financial aid.
- The average transfer financial aid award for 2015-16 was $30,576/year.
We invite you to work through the financial aid process with us. Our financial aid staff welcomes your questions and is happy to provide information and counsel at any time. When families use our financial aid/net price calculator, many find that their cost to attend Whitworth is comparable to the other institutions, both public and private, they may consider.