Campus Visit Travel Grant
We know that the best possible way to learn whether Whitworth is a good college fit for you is to visit campus. We also know that travel isn't cheap and some families may need financial assistance to make a campus visit possible. We have funds available to provide travel grants for students traveling more than 350 miles to campus who meet all of the following criteria:
- Are admitted to enroll as a freshman or transfer student for the coming fall/spring
- Are committed to registering for an overnight campus visit at Whitworth
- Would not be able to visit campus without financial assistance
- Have already filed the FAFSA/WASFA
Eligible students who meet all of these criteria are invited to complete our online campus visit travel grant form. Travel grant applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and will be awarded to help cover travel expenses for eligible students as long as funding is available. Applicants will be notified within one week about whether their grant is approved.
In order to support as many students as possible with the limited funds available, standard travel grant amounts are intended to cover about half of the cost of a student’s flight to Spokane. Students can request additional funds, if necessary, through the travel grant application form.
- $50-100: Oregon, Montana, Southern Idaho
- $100-200: California, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico
- $200-300: All other U.S. states and international
To request a travel grant, follow these steps:
- Complete the Campus Visit Travel Grant Application in advance of your desired visit date.
- Complete registration for one of our visit events at whitworth.edu/visit.
- Whitworth will notify you within one week if you have been awarded a travel grant and will send you a payment authorization form to document the individual to whom the travel grant check should be issued.
- Complete the payment authorization form, make a copy of receipts for travel and submit them to the admissions office during your campus visit or no later than two weeks after your campus visit.
- A check in the amount of your travel grant will be mailed to the individual identified on the payment authorization form.