Campus Visit Travel Reimbursement
We know that the best possible way to learn whether Whitworth is a good college fit for you is to visit campus. We also know that travel isn't cheap and some families may need financial assistance to make a campus visit possible. We have funds available to provide travel reimbursements for students traveling more than 200 miles to campus who meet all of the following criteria:
- Are admitted to enroll as a first-year or transfer student for the coming fall/spring
- Are committed to registering for a full-day campus visit event at Whitworth
- Would not be able to visit campus without financial assistance
- Have already filed the FAFSA/WASFA (not required for international students)
Eligible students who meet all of these criteria are invited to complete our online campus visit travel reimbursement form. Forms will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be awarded to help cover travel expenses for eligible students as long as funding is available. Applicants will be notified within one week about whether their reimbursement is approved.
In order to support as many students as possible with the limited funds available, standard travel reimbursement amounts are intended to cover about half of the cost of a student’s flight to Spokane. Students can request additional funds, if necessary, through the travel reimbursement form.
- $50-100: Montana, Southern Idaho, Washington
- $150-250: Oregon, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming
- $200-350: California, Colorado, Arizona
- $300-450: Hawaii, all other U.S. states and international
To request a travel reimbursement, follow these steps:
- Complete the campus visit travel reimbursement form in advance of your desired visit date.
- Whitworth will notify you within one week if you have been awarded a travel reimbursement and will send you details on completing the payment authorization form to receive your travel reimbursement check.
- Register for one of our full-day visit events at whitworth.edu/visit and attend the visit event.
- Complete the travel reimbursement process, including submission of all travel receipts, no later than two weeks after your campus visit.
- A check in the amount of your travel reimbursement will be mailed to the individual identified on the payment authorization form.