Fall Pirate Preview
Oct. 23, 2021
High school seniors and transfer students are invited to join us for one of these one-day events to explore campus, discover opportunities outside the classroom and connect with members of the Whitworth community. Preview what it's like to be a student at Whitworth by joining in current student activities, and learning what it takes to become a Whitworth Pirate.
Event participation is $25 per student (non-refundable within 48 hours of event). Registration includes lunch for student and one guest, a t-shirt and the Pirate Preview program. To register and submit the event participation fee, please complete the online registration form. Registration for Fall Preview will open late August/early September 2021.
Please note: Registration is not complete until we have received your event participation fee.
Parents and Guests
A total of one guest may join their student for Fall Preview. There is no cost to attend. Registration includes the Pirate Preview program parent/guest activities on Saturday. Here are some suggestions for nearby accommodations.
A Few Final Items
Whitworth is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for visitors, students, faculty and staff. We all have a responsibility to protect ourselves and others to limit the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we ask campus visitors to adhere to the following requirements:
- Bring and wear a face covering (over your nose and mouth) at all times, including during the campus tour.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between yourself and other people.
- Avoid visiting campus if you:
- Are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms that are not caused by another health condition (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.)
- Are a member of a high-risk population (those over age 65, with moderate to severe asthma, with chronic lung, heart and/or liver disease, with diabetes, with immunocompromised conditions, or with chronic kidney issues who are doing dialysis treatments)
- Have had close contact to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 14 days prior to your visit
- Have had COVID-19 symptoms that are not caused by another health condition in the last 10 days
- Have had a COVID-19 test in the last 10 days
- Notify Whitworth if you have or are being tested for COVID within 14 days after visiting campus.
- Download the LiveSafe App and complete the daily health check 2 hours prior to arrival to campus. Be prepared to show your results upon arrival to campus.
- Participate in a symptom screening upon arrival to campus and have your temperature taken If you do not pass the symptom screening or show a high temperature, your entire party will be asked to leave campus and reschedule the visit.
- Leave campus immediately if you begin to feel ill during any part of your visit, or if a staff member has asked you to leave campus due to a high temperature or not passing the daily health check on the LiveSafe App.
- Overnight stays are not available for any of the Fall Pirate Preview Programs.
- Whitworth shuttle transportation to and from the Spokane airport/train/bus station is not available.
Please contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.