Parents & Family
The Whitworth Center for Career & Professional Development is committed to keeping you informed about the services available to students, the current job market, and the ways that you can assist career services. You are an important part of your child's career planning; our student surveys show that your support is extremely important during career exploration and job search.
What can you do as a parent?
- Remind your student to take an active role in the process of making career decisions. Support and challenge without over-managing. This is their process.
- Advise students to develop and update their résumé with help from the Center for Career & Professional Development.
- Emphasize the importance and value of an internship experience. Employers are interested not just in a person's college degree, but also in what they have learned and how they have developed.
- Encourage the involvement of extracurricular participation.
- Teach the value of networking by attending career and professional development events.