Make a Career Readiness Appointment
Use Handshake, call 509.777.3272, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with our career and professional development staff to help navigate your next step in your career journey:
- Career Readiness Competencies
- Steps to Building Your Résumé
- Career Exploration
- Job or Internship Search
- Assessments – Value, Skills, Interest, Career & Personality
- Interview Preparation
- Mock Interviews – individual or group
On-Campus Recruiting & Info Sessions
National and Regional companies, non-profits and governmental agencies visit Whitworth campus to share information, interview and recruit students. Go to the events page on Handshake to see which organizations will be visiting campus.
Our internship program prepares and teaches you to find and develop internship opportunities related to your career goals. Attend an internship workshop as your first step in the internship process.
Personal Career Assessments
Career Education Opportunities
- Career Exploration: Use our assessments to learn what careers could align with you.
- Career Readiness Competencies: Employers nation-wide selected core competencies needed from their employees.
- Emotional Intelligence: Employers are looking for employees who have EQ.
- First Impressions: Are you making a good first impression with future employers?
- Etiquette Dinner: Enjoy a four-course meal and learn the proper etiquette when dining with an employer. This dinner is only offered once per year. View the events calendar on Handshake for current offerings.
Career Exploration Cohort
Career Exploration Cohort focuses on gathering a group of select students to explore six different career communities over the academic year. The mentor will meet over lunch with the cohort each month to explore industries and careers outside of the traditional limits of your major and meeting people from those industries. For example, an English, psychology or marketing major could consider working in the tech industry. Apply on Handshake in the early fall to join the Career Exploration Cohort!
Career Peer Coaches
Meet individually with one of our trained student leaders who can help you with résumé and cover letter development, exploring majors and careers, looking for student employment, and much more.
Graduate and Professional School Planning
Students are encouraged to work with their faculty, academic and career advisor when looking to apply to graduate or professional schools. If you need help with your CV or cover letter for grad school, please reach out to meet with a career advisor. We'll help you learn what the graduate school is looking for and how to market yourself.