Hours & Information
While Whitworth is operating remotely, the Whitworth Counseling Center is available to help in the following ways:
Emotional Support Helpline for COVID-19: 1.866.342.6892
For eligible students who are on campus: The counseling staff will be available for telephone consultation during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., closed from noon-1 p.m. for lunch. Call the front desk at 509.777.3259 if you wish to have a phone consultation with a counselor. If you are in crisis, call the 24/7 regional crisis line at 1.877.266.1818 or call 911.
For eligible students who are off campus: The counseling staff will be available for telephone "Let's Talk" consultations during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., closed from noon-1 p.m. for lunch. Counselors will assist in providing referrals for students in their home location. To get help with a referral, contact the front desk at 509.777.3259. If you are in crisis, call the national suicide prevention hotline at 1.800.273.8255 or call 911.
If you are away from campus during the time of distance learning and are in need of mental health services where you are located, here are some suggestions on how and where you might access services:
- Local community mental health center
- Contact your primary care provider for referrals
- Contact your health insurance provider for referrals
- Psychology Today "Find a Therapist"
- For mental health emergencies, contact 911 or go to your local hospital emergency room
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1.800.273.8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741-741 to connect with a crisis counselor