Whitworth Home Page >
Math & Computer Science Department >
Personal Page: Peter Tucker
- Next IT -- Consultant in software quality assurance
- Microsoft Corporation -- SDE and SDET for database management tools including Access, ADO, and RDS
Areas of Interest:
- Data Management. Current focus on executing queries over data streams using punctuations.
- Security Testing. Current focus on creating tools for testers to identify and enhance tests to verify that potentially dangerous code is free of vulnerabilities.
Patents and Publications:
- Donna Pierce and Peter A. Tucker. A Career Preparation Course for Students in Mathematics and Computer Science. Association of Christians in Mathematical Sciences, May 2009.)
- Donna Pierce and Peter A. Tucker. A Course to Guide Students in Preparing for a Life in Math or Computer Science. MAA Focus, November 2008.
- Donna Pierce and Peter A. Tucker. A Math/CS Career Prep Course (presentation). Annual Meeting of the Pacific Northwest Section of the Mathematical Association of America, June 2008.
- David Maier and Peter A. Tucker, "Punctuations," Encyclopedia of Database Systems, Editors-in-chief: Ozsu, M. Tamer; Liu, Ling, Springer, 2009 (print and online), http://www.springer.com/computer/database+management+%26+information+retrieval/book/978-0-387-49616-0.
- Peter A. Tucker, David Maier, Tim Sheard, and Paul Stephens. Using Punctuation Schemes to Characterize Strategies for Querying over Data Streams. Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 19(9):1227-1240, September 2007.
- Jin Li, David Maier, Kristin Tufte, Vassilis Papadimos, and Peter Tucker. Semantics and Evaluation Techniques for Window Aggregates in Data Streams. Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference, pages 311-322, June, 2005.
- David Maier, Peter A. Tucker, and Minos Garofalakis. Filtering, Punctuation, Windows and Synopses. In Nauman Chaudhry, Kevin Shaw, and Mahdi Abdelguerfi, editors, Stream Data Management, Chapter 3. Springer, April, 2005.
- Jin Li, David Maier, Kristin Tufte, Vassilis Papadimos and Peter A. Tucker. No Pane, No Gain: Efficient Evaluation of Sliding-Window Aggregates over Data Streams. SIGMOD Record, 34(1):39-44, March, 2005.
- David Maier, Jin Li, Peter Tucker, Kristin Tufte, and Vassilis Papadimos. Semantics of Data Streams and Operators. Proceedings of Database Theory -- ICDT 2005: 10th International Conference, pages 37-52, January, 2005.
- Peter A. Tucker and David Maier. Dealing with Disorder. Workshop on Management and Processing of Data Streams, June, 2003
- Peter A. Tucker, David Maier, Tim Sheard and Leonidas Fegaras. Exploiting Punctuation Semantics in Continuous Data Streams. Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 15(3):555-568, May, 2003
- Peter A. Tucker, David Maier and Tim Sheard. Applying Punctuation Schemes to Queries over Continuous Data Streams. IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin, 26(1):33-40, March, 2003
- Peter A. Tucker, David Maier. Exploiting Punctuation Semantics in Data Streams. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, page 279, February 2002
- Peter Tucker. Rowset Persistence in Microsoft Data Access Components. Microsoft Developer Network News. September/October 1998.
- Patent. "Method of creating a tabular data stream for sending rows of data between client and server." Thulusalamatom Krishnamurthi Anand, Peter A. Tucker, John G. Bennett, Kamaljit S. Bath, Raja Krishnaswamy. Filed 10 November 1997.
- Michael Mee, Peter Tucker, and John McCullough. The DAO of Databases: Using Data Access Objects and the Jet Engine, in C++. Microsoft Systems Journal. January, 1996. pp 35-54.
- Technical Contributor, Microsoft Jet Database Engine Programmer's Guide. Dan Haught, Jim Ferguson. 1995. Microsoft Press. Redmond, Washington.
Professional Memberships and Service