Bachelor of Arts in Management & Accounting
Whitworth's management & accounting program can prepare you to:
- Meet the academic requirements to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam
- Be equipped for positions in senior management
- Identify economic and financial conditions of organizations
|Course Format||Online or in person; two evenings per week (accounting sequence); one evening per week & occasional Saturdays or hybrid (management sequence)|
|Average Completion Time||
4 years with A.A. or select A.A.S. degree transfer, attending part time6-6.5 years with no transfer credits, attending part time
Ask your advisor how you can complete your degree sooner.
|Application Deadline||Four weeks prior to start date|
*The accounting sequence is not currently offered on campus in North Spokane.
What will I study?
Management & accounting majors will learn:
- Fundamental processes of accounting
- The mechanics and applications of accounting principles
- How to lead and manage teams
- Problem-solving and decision-making in the business context
- Personal and professional ethics
Whitworth's B.A. in Management & Accounting program is offered in a cohort format. Once you begin either the management or accounting major sequence, you'll be part of a group of approximately 20 other students that takes each course, one at a time, and completes the major together. Because you'll stay with the same group of students throughout each program, you'll have the chance to develop a stronger sense of community and collaborative learning while instructors build upon a knowledge base that increases with each successive course.