Information Technology Minor
The Whitworth information technology minor helps students gain the skills and knowledge to meet the IT needs of a broad range of organizations. As you develop a skill base in programming, you'll move into courses on network management, website development and database administration. Hands-on opportunities in class will prepare you well for many careers in the IT field.
Why minor in information technology at Whitworth?
- Connect your faith or worldview to your studies as you examine the ethical implications of technological advances and consider how your worldview informs how you might approach these issues.
- Join an active, student-led ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Club that holds events and participates in programming competitions.
- Learn from professionals in the IT field through guest lectures.
- Gain hands-on experience through in-class programming and network exercises.
- Take your interest in IT abroad and participate in the Technology in Culture program offered every Jan Term in countries like England, China, Malaysia, Ireland and India.
- Find your career path. Information technology equips students with a broad range of skills that can be tailored to your specific career interests.
- Become who you're meant to be.
Our information technology grads make a difference (and get jobs)
Graduates with an information technology minor are prepared to meet the needs of a broad range of companies. Whether it's network management, website development or database administration, the IT minor gives students the skills necessary to fill these needs. Our grads find employment at companies like Gravity Jack, Microsoft and Amazon.
Recent job placements include: