Visual Communication Minor
This interdisciplinary minor includes courses on media studies, journalism, art and graphic design. You will learn to use the tools embraced by visual communicators to design and evaluate effective messages both in print and online. This multidisciplinary exploration of both theory and skills will enhance your communication skills and prepare you for a range of professional opportunities.
Why study visual communication at Whitworth?
- Take part in internships that connect you with professionals in journalism, photography or graphic design and build your résumé.
- Gain hands-on experience on campus. Work for campus media like The Whitworthian, the student-run newspaper, or serve with Beyond the Pines, Whitworth's student-run public relations agency that provides services to local nonprofits.
- Benefit from small class sizes and caring professors who are active in their fields.
- Incorporate multiple passions and interests. Visual communication students take courses in both the communication studies and art departments.
- Become who you're meant to be.
Our visual communication grads make a difference (and get jobs)
Graduates with a visual communication minor have gone on to careers in journalism, public relations, graphic arts, marketing, business and nonprofits.
Recent job placements include: