A Helpful Financial Aid Timeline
The financial aid office staff looks forward to assisting you in receiving all of the financial aid resources available to you. The following timeline guides you through important dates and online processes to help you. Feel free to contact us for additional information at 509.777.3215, 800.533.4668 or email@example.com.
- Begin your scholarship search by reading Tips on Scholarship Research and Application.
- Create a Federal Student Aid I.D. at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. (Parent(s) and student need to create separate FSA I.D.s on their own.)
The 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens Oct. 1. File your FAFSA by Dec. 1 to ensure an early Financial Aid Award in February from Whitworth.
- Print a FAFSA from the web worksheet.
- Gather the necessary documents needed to complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA on the web worksheet with all of the necessary information.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload 2017 income information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. Whitworth's federal school code is 003804.
- Receive your electronic Student Aid Report from the federal processor and review it for accuracy. Make any necessary changes to your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- File your FAFSA by Jan. 1 to ensure an early Financial Aid Award in February from Whitworth.
- RaiseMe micro-scholarship earnings deadline is Dec. 1
- Whitworth University Scholarship announcements begin mid-December.
- Financial Aid Awarding begins for admitted students who have submitted FAFSAs to Whitworth. Awards are sent on a rolling basis to new admits going forward.
- Review the award, including the enclosed reference guide to understand all of the financial aid you have been awarded.
- Check your app status page (whitworth.edu/appstatus) and address any missing documents or incomplete processes needed to finalize your award.
- Music Talent Scholarships announced
- Receive the online billing form from Whitworth Student Accounting Services via your student email.
- Review your charges and financial aid for accuracy.
- Determine if there is a balance due for the semester.
- Consider a payment plan or parent loan as necessary.
- Submit a final high school transcript with confirmation of your high school graduation to the Whitworth Admissions Office.
- Complete processes related to Federal Direct Student Loans. New borrowers must complete two online processes in order to receive funds under this program.
- Watch for an email from Whitworth Student Employment (if you have been awarded work-study) that provides you information on how to apply for on-campus student employment positions.
- Prepare and post a résumé to Handshake, Whitworth’s online student employment portal.
- At this point, if all required documents have been submitted and processed, your financial aid file should be complete and you should have submitted the online billing form to student accounting services.
- Visit the student employment booth at the welcome fair during Orientation Week.
- Begin your student employment job search.
- If your award is finalized and your loan processes complete, your financial aid funds should transfer to your Whitworth student account during the first week of classes. For disbursement information, click here.